We are in the village of ORE, Haute Garonne, Pyrenees, South West France.
I’ll put these directions on for you to print off, it saves me sending it in emails:
- Exit the A64 at junction 17, signposted LUCHON/MONTREJEAU
- Pay at the toll booth and head for LUCHON
- At the roundabout go straight over heading for LUCHON, you’ll then come to some traffic lights, keep going straight, after about 1 mile you’ll come to another roundabout, go straight over
- Stay on this road for about 5 miles or so; you will pass on your left two villages: LUSCAN and then GALIE. Keep going the next village is ORE
- As you go round a bend to your right you may glimpse a small road leading into ORE, please IGNORE THIS TURNING, wait for the road to straighten from the bend and you will see a traffic island with a sign saying ORE to the left, enter ORE at this point
- Follow the road around to the right, passing a small crossroads and you come to a small rise in the road (actually a little bridge), the road then goes right towards Frontignan or straight, up a hill towards Lourde, go straight, we are on the right about 30 metres after you go up the hill.
To get to this area of the Pyrenees you can get here by:
Ryanair flies into Lourdes (check though as this may be seasonal) Toulouse and Carcassonne, from London Stansted and East Midlands respectively. Ryanair also fly Liverpool to Carcassonne and from Leeds/Bradford.
Lourdes/Tarbes is 1½ hours’ drive from us.
Carcassonne is a 2 hour drive from us.
Easyjet from Gatwick and Bristol, fly into TOULOUSE – 1 ¼ hours’ drive from us.
Jet2 from Leeds/Bradford also fly into Toulouse.
Alternatively, you can drive; typically, from Calais it takes about 12 hours to drive to us.
The A64 is the motorway linking Toulouse to the Atlantic coast. Lourdes/Tarbes airport is also served by the A64; Carcassonne is served by the A61 to Toulouse and then you need to pick up the A64. Exit at junction 17, signposted MONTREJEAU/LUCHON and head for Luchon on the D33. Ore is approximately 15 minutes south of the A64.