The Pyrenees are truly beautiful and to just be in them and witness their splendour, whatever the time of the year, is enough for everybody; but to play in them and challenge them is something else.
There are so many different ways to enjoy the Pyrenees, here’s a list with links to further information;
- Mountain Walks
- White Water Rafting
- Winter Sports
- Bird watching (many predatory birds including the Golden Eagle and vultures)
- Horse riding
- Arapaho (downhill off road scooters)
- Mountain climbing – There are crags and natural climbing faces everywhere, Troubat nearby (hosted world champs)
- Astronomy – The Pic du Midi is home to Europe’s highest observatory.
- Pyrenees Ho – an outward bound centre that has tarzan swings, rope ladders through trees and plenty of other fun stuff for all ages to try.
Throughout the Pyrenees there are many places to try out your climbing skills; in fact right here in the village of Ore where Pyrenees Holiday Gites – Laroca is situated there is an extensive natural climbing face, also just up the road in Saint-Pé-d’Ardet.
There are also many sites of Historical and Natural interest within easy distance of our Gites.
Prehistoric Caves and hand paintings – Grotte de Gargas and Medos.
Religious sites – St.Bertrand de Comminges and Lourdes
Pyrenees National Park
Luchon – capital of the Pyreneean spa towns – for thermal treatments etc.
Toulouse – space museum, natural history museum, plenty of bars and restaurants and for the ladies a C & A.
For a comprehensive insight of the Pyrenees click on the link below; it is loaded with information about the Pyrenees and the many things to do here in the Pyrenees. You’ll find that we are ideally situated to cater for most of your holiday requirements.